Update: the #SilverCreekFire is burning in a remote southeast corner of Silver Falls State Park. The fire is currently estimated at 10 acres and is burning in remote, steep, timbered terrain.
• ODF crews are still actively engaged on the fire tonight with additional resources joining the effort tomorrow morning.
• Oregon Department of Forestry and local fire crews are engaging with Heavy Airtankers, Single Engine Airtankers (SEATs), helicopter and ground support.
• A YMCA summer camp at Camp Silver Creek, a facility inside the park about a mile from the fire, ended a day early as a precaution, with 142 youth and several dozen staff leaving between 4-5 p.m.
• ODF and Oregon State Parks are working closely together to ensure public and firefighter safety. While other areas of the park are currently scheduled to open on Saturday, July 14, there will be firefighter traffic, equipment and aircraft in the area. Any visitors who plan to visit the park this weekend are advised to wait until more information is available about the status of this small fire.
• Conditions can change quickly; watch for updates on https://bit.ly/2meFGMP.
Cause is under investigation and no injuries or facility damage have been reported.